Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Christmas in July


We, at Tuesday Morning Sketches, are having fun with the sketches and additional challenges leading up to our grand finale 8th Anniversary blog. This week, we are asking that you use the sketch to make a Christmas themed creation!

Here is the wonderful sketch:


Here is the wonderful prize for this week's challenge:
 


I love old images of Father Christmas, Saint Nick, Père Noël! The Coca Cola Santa in his red suit is cute and great for the kids, but just doesn't have the same elegance and tradition as the older images (to me). Those of you who have followed me for some time may have seen the wooden ornaments that I painted using the vintage themed Santa faces. Anyway, when I saw this clip art picture, I knew I HAD to use it for some Christmas cards this coming year, and this week's sketch is perfect to use it with.

I printed the clip art onto white card. I used red card for my card base. I dry embossed a piece of white using a Spellbinder double sided die. The ribbon is a roll I purchased at Michael's Crafts a few years ago. There is no brand name listed on it. 

The sentiment is from a set of clear stamps I purchased at Hobby Lobby by MSE! (My Sentiments Exactly). The ink I used is called Watermelon Red by Ranger. I finished it off with a small chipboard holly leaf (a package of leaves by Recollection).

I am quite pleased with this card. It will be a nice, elegant looking card but not bulky or heavy, so will be easy to mail out to my many friends during the holidays. 

Remember, Tuesday Morning Sketches is having a prize and drawing each week, but all entries remain in the "pot" for the final drawing of a fantastic prize (I've been wanting one for myself, but I'm not going to ruin the surprise and tell you what it is!!). 

Picture of the ornament I painted which is similar to the image used on my card:

5 comments:

  1. I too am fond of the vintage Santa images, and this one is really pretty! The added background embossing and pretty ribbon really enhance this Santa, and the fonts on the sentiment look vintage too - a perfect combination for a great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage style Christmas card! I like the embossed BG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ribbon on this and the added holly leaves. Really makes your image and greeting stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage look of your card! And of course, the embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I with you - nothing is more elegant than the vintage images of St. Nicholas. You can't even really call them of Santa because I hear Santa and I do think of images like the Coca-Cola or mall idea. Your card is beautiful and so is that ornament.

    ReplyDelete