Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Life is Short


Happy Tuesday morning, my friends. It is time, once again, for another Tuesday Morning sketch. This one is a fun sketch because it can be glammed up or played down. It can be fancy or fun.

Here is the sketch:



Tuesday Morning Sketches is sponsoring again this week and is offering a wonderful prize of two Die Version dies. Here is a look at them:




As I've mentioned before, the DT doesn't see each other's work until it is posted (about the same time you see them). However, many of us decided to use a sentiment for the focal point rather than an image. (Don't fret, there are a couple who used images to give you an idea of how those would look - smile!)

I started with a white card, and three coordinating papers from a Recollection's 8" x 10" pad. I dry embossed the solid background paper with a Spellbinder embossing folder, creating a bit of texture. Then I cut two strips (each 1 1/4" wide) from coordinating patterned papers. I also cut the swirl from a solid aqua from the same pad (which matches the aqua in one of the strips). I printed my sentiment using my computer, cut it using the Spellbinder circle die and inked the edges with Robin's Egg ink by Colorbox. The birthday wishes sentiment is a digital stamp (I already had it printed off, so cannot tell you who made it).

This was a fun sketch to use, and you will be amazed at the different looks the DT created using it. Please stop by the Tuesday Morning blog and have a look -- OR, follow us on FaceBook, where you will get to see the weekly sketch on Monday instead of Tuesday, giving you a head start on getting a card made.

Have fun!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that sentiment!! Words to truly live by. I like the colors you used, too. They are what I call brave colors. I don't use bright colors with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee this is so pretty! Love that sentiment a lot and the pretty color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you've done with this sketch is amazing! I love the embossing and dsp patterns you chose to compliment this wonderful sentiment(s). Very pretty design!

    ReplyDelete