Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Hello friends; happy Tuesday to all of you. This week we have a bit of a "different" sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I have to admit that when I first saw the sketch, I wondered what the heck I was going to do with it, but after breaking it down, it actually only took me a few minutes to actually come up with the idea for my card. Here is the sketch:

This sketch was created by our former team mate Jessi Fogan. I did alter a few things (such as the circle), but I believe I've kept with the overall look of our sketch (can you tell?). 

I started with a white card base. I know I said I was going to try to stop using while for my bases, but since I wanted to use the pink and green color scheme, white seemed to work best. I topped the white base with a layer of green Bazzill card and then pink from my scrap bag (sorry, don't have the manufacturer). 

I created the roses using the Heartfelt Creations rose dies and matching stamps. I inked the rose pieces with one of SU's pink inks (I think Regal Rose, but not positive). I used Just Rite clear stamps for the tag (rather than a circle) and the sentiment, and stamped them with VersaMagic chalk ink called Pink Petunia. I brushed Stickle Diamond Dust glitter onto the petals of the roses using a paint brush.

I cut the green "vine" using  Cheer Lynn B117 Fanciful Flourish metal die from a scrap piece of the Bazzill card that I used for matting. I adhered the roses and the sentiment tag.

The roses are a darker pink than the paper or the sentiment, but are not as red in reality as they appear due to the lighting of the photograph. The colors compliment each other well, and the roses don't really "scream" out as they appear to in the photo. It is really a pretty card, if I do say so myself (smile).

I really would like to see how you interpret this week's sketch. Have a go at it and then enter this week's challenge at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog.

I have a busy work schedule coming up this week, as I did last week, but I have a couple of non DT cards to share with you as soon as I can get them photographed. Hoping to have some time maybe tomorrow so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Those roses are amazing!! I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete