Tuesday, September 13, 2016

FiFi Cupcake


Good Morning!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  This week's sketch for Tuesday Morning Sketches is brought to us by Debbie.  It is a clean, classic composition that will fit for any occasion. It has some basic elements for a perfect jumping off point for you cards.  You are going to make this one a go to sketch. (I say that about a lot of our sketches, don't I? But it is true because the DT are seasoned card makers who know what makes for a lovely card.)
Our sponsor this week is Crafty Sentiments - the prize is 3 digis of the winner's choice.





Here's the sketch we're using:
I have used an adorable little Crafty Sentiments image called Fifi Cupcake.
After coloring my image with Copic markers, I created a card base with pink card (it is textured and is either DCWV or Bazzill brand - I was fortunate to have a large enough piece in my scrap bag so I did not have to cut into a new piece so that is why I cannot confirm the brand for you). The background DP is also a piece from my scrap bag but I do remember that it came from an older K&Company paper pad. We actually could call this a "scrappy card" in that I've used scraps for most of the elements. The ribbon is a sheer pink. I have adhered it across the middle strip as well as made the bow from it. I've used a Spellbinder die set to cut out the image and the green mat (also from scraps). The gems are from a pack by Recollections.

Stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look at the other inspiration pieces the DT have created this week. Then, join in the challenge. (This sketch would work quite nicely for Christmas cards -- a lovely composition without a lot of bulk -- so if you have started your cards for this year, keep that in mind!)
 

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I love your sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet and so girly. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so stinkin' cute I just want to kiss that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to remember where bits of card came from - I have a leftover drawer, rather than a bag, but it's great when you get to use leftovers! Love your pastel colour palette!

    ReplyDelete