Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Easter Sami Style


It is the first Friday of the month, so time for another Sami Stamps release. Here is the thumb nail of this new release:



To get a better view of all these adorable eggs and fairies, visit the blog and/or the store.

It is also time for another challenge. This month, Sami wants to see paper piecing on your card or creation. Remember, you MUST use one of Sami's images which is not hard because Sami graciously gives away at least one image each month and reduces the price on others.



I have used the Butterfly Easter Egg image for my card. I have paper pieced the egg and the butterfly using left over papers in my scrap pile. The card is a white 6" x 6" base, and I've used a mixture of papers from various sources. The butterfly die cut at the top was cut using a Noor Joy Crafts die and white card. The scrap for the egg came from a scrap from an old Easter papers set I got several years ago. I liked it because the design definitely looked like a decorated egg. I add three colored gems (actually over small dots of the same colors) in between the larger dots.

The butterfly is actually three layers (the original and two from patterned paper) which I adhered as 3-dimensional using small foam dots between each layer. (I apologize. It has been my intent to take another photo from the side showing the 3-D effect, but I evidently "blinked" and the thought flew right out of my head - smile!)

The two decorative ovals are from a set by Spellbinder (both from the same set). The sentiment is computer generated. 

Before I close, I would like to wish everyone who celebrates Easter a very happy and blessed one. What was started at Christmas is complete at Easter. 

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment