Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Bugaboo Tuesday


Good morning. Good morning. The best to you this morning. OK, I don't know why that tune popped into my mind this morning. Do you remember that Kellogs comercial? This week our Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge is brought to you by Bugaboo. If you aren't familiar with Bugaboo's whimsical little images, you really need to visit their online site. Such a treat!

This is our sketch for this week:


I think it is a classic looking sketch, and I know it will quickly become a favorite to use. The team has proven how versatile looking this sketch can be with a variety of lovely cards, so do stop by the TMS blog and have a look before heading to your crafting table to make your entry for this week's challenge.

I have used "Deacon and Ava Love" which I've colored with Copic markers. I then cut the image into an oval shape. This week my card is a 6" x 6" square. I have topped it with a piece of striped DP matted with green card. I kept trying to buy the Noor Joy Craft butterfly die for months and every place was sold out. I finally found and purchased it, only to have it sit in my die box for months, unused (silly, silly me). I have finally pulled it out and have now used it twice (back to back). 

I cut the blue piece behind my image with a Spellbinder die, and I used a Fiskars border punch to make the scalloped edge on the pick strip. The pink flowers are by Recollection (large one) and Wild Orchid Crafts (small ones). The sentiment is computer generated, cut with a Spellbinder circle die and then the Spellbinder scalloped circle die.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your entry. Go get craftin', and have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Love the fab image, this is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this pair :) This is a great sketch - that horizontal element spices up the classic layout, I know I'll use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, this image is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Adorable image and I love your flowers! Glad to know I am not the only one that purchases a die and then lets it sit for months before finally using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Jenee!! This image is adorable and I love the fancy frame and that butterfly die!!!

    ReplyDelete