Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Welcome Baby Girl


Happy Tuesday morning! I'm so glad you are back to see me today. Thanks for stopping by. We have another revisited sketch for you, and I know you are going to like it loads. We also have a fantabulous sponsor!

Our sketch was chosen this week by our wonderful leader, Melissa This is her pick:

Now, our FAB sponsor is near and dear to my heart because not only do I really like her images, but I'm on her design team (smile). Yes, our sponsor this week is:


My image is called Arm Full of Love. We have a new baby in the family -- my husband's niece just gave birth to a little girl (after three adorable boys), so I went with a baby girl theme for my card. I colored the image with Copic markers after printed it off onto X-Press It brand card. I then cut it into a circle using a Spellbinder circle die. The card itself is white (5 x 7").

I layered green card and then pink dotty paper (DCWV). The printed piece is also from the DCWV pad, and I matted that with the green. My beautiful crochet circle was made by our very own Jessi Fogan, and the ribbon is from a little spool I picked up in the dollar bin at a Target store. My white lace was the last little bit on a spool that I purchased from Michael's. (I'm sad to see that go as I liked that lace.) Rather than putting my pearls in a row (as in the sketch), I place a pearl in each of the first three dips of the crocheted scallop. Lastly, I brought in a little more of the green by adding the corner piece at the top left (Cherry Lynn corner die).

I was not entirely sure about the citrus green combined with the pink, but that is the color that was used in the paper that was in the pad (baby prints), so it did work.

You must stop by and have a look at the beautiful samples the DT have made this week. I know that I gush every single Tuesday, but we really do have some talented ladies on the DT, and I get very excited when I see the contributions each week. 


5 comments:

  1. Jenee, How pretty! I always love the colors and the construction of your cards. I like Jessi's crocheted frame too, it is a perfect touch. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, it's delightful! I like the pink and green together. The crocheted frame is a lovely soft place to put your sweet image! Love the colouring on the hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenee, I love the colours and papers you chose and this is such a sweet card to celebrate a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baby card Jenee! I think the green and pink look wonderful! Love this sweet image, I am going to need a baby shower card in a few weeks, thanks for the inspiration! Hope you don't mind if I copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh SO soft & beautiful, Jenee! I love the pink & green combination for baby girl cards :) And YAY for the crocheted mat :)

    ReplyDelete