Friday, February 20, 2015

More Poodle Fun


Every 1st, 3rd and 4th Fridays, Sami introduces some new images. Last time and this one have been devoted to poodles. I think I may have mentioned that we once had a cute, white toy poodle who had a fancy schmancy registered name but whom we called Dandy on a day-to-day basis. We pretty much kept Dandy cut in the same style as the one on my card (minus the ribbons, of course). Poodle hair is quite curly, so the pom-poms were actually a mass of little curls. I have tried to capture that curly look with my coloring. However, before I talk further about my card, let me show you thumb nails of the entire release.



You really MUST take the time to visit the Sami Stamps blog and see what all the DT have done with these images -- some really cute stuff, for real!

I did color my image with Copic markers, then cut it into an oval shape using Spellbinder oval die. The base card is white. The blue card is Bazzell. The blue stripe and the floral DP is from a pad by Memory Makers. The "lace" is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaves are from a Martha Stewart punch. The two pearls are from Recollections, and the sentiment is by Amy Tangerine.

A reminder, too, that you still have enough time to join in this month's challenge. Just create a card or project using one of Sami's images (she offers free images in her store and also on her FB page). This month's theme is "Anything Goes."


No comments:

Post a Comment