Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Adventure in Vinyl



I received a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine for Christmas from a dear friend. She and I get together every other Wednesday and craft, and we've been doing this for a number of years. My sweet friend had a Silhouette and felt that I would very much enjoy the machine for my own. Well, my friend could have saved her money because thus far, I'm still using her machine for crafting (grin). My work schedule has been such that the only crafting I've been doing since Christmas is my weekly DT projects and my play dates with my friend.

Anyway, we've been playing with vinyl for the past could of weeks. We both said that we were not going to get "involved" with vinyl - HA! famous last words. Dottie has done more with it than I (see explanation above - smile), and has even gotten a bit addicted to this new medium! 

Today was our Wednesday play date, so we each made a tile plaque. These are done on a white 8 x 8" ceramic tile (ok, in truth the tile is 7 3/4 x 7 3/4," but it is listed as 8 x 8). I have used a burgundy colored vinyl for my tile to match my front door. The Hubs is going to make a frame for the tile, and we are going to hang it outside beside the front door (ok, that's the theory; I'll let you know when it actually happens). 

I was rather pleased with how this turned out, and I plan to make a second one for our mailbox changing out the Est. 1965 for our street address. Well, we'll see. . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this project with vinyl. I love vinyl and I made some differet projects. It's very funny work with this material.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete