Friday, January 16, 2015

Floral Brides


Did you know the month of December has become as popular a month for weddings as the month of June? I was a December bride (49 years ago), and the red, green and gold colors are beautiful wedding colors. Anyhoo, back on track here ---

Sami has created some lovely brides for you to add to your stash to use for some beautiful wedding cards (whatever month you may need them). She has called them Floral Brides, and here is the thumb nail for all of them:



To get a better and/or individua photo of each, you can go to the store HERE or visit the blog and see a sample of each that the DT have made.  I have used Single Lily Bride for this card. I colored the image with Copic markers and then applied a thin coat of Stickles Star Dust over the veil and on the bodice of the dress.

The base card is dark purple. I cut a piece of designer paper from DCWV's "Designer Pack" papers. I then used Spellbinder's Decorative Labels Twenty-Eight for the frame behind the image. I traced around the inside of the die to form the shape around the image and hand cut that. (The next size die was too small which is the reason I traced the inside for my image shape.)

I added a paper rosebud atop the lily image in the bride's hand for dimension.  (I actually have (or had) some paper lilies that I was going to use, but could not find them in my flowers. I may have used them up (boo) and need to order more.) I placed a strip of ribbon behind the image, cutting each side in fish tail, and I added a bouquet of purple and white and pink roses by Wild Orchid Crafts to the bottom corner. The sentiment is computer generated and cut with a Nellie Snellin die.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!
    Congratulations on 49 yrs! May you be blessed with many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is just lovely, Jenee! The flower is a perfect touch. And 49 years - wow wow wow! congrats to you both :)

    ReplyDelete