Friday, October 3, 2014

The Pumpkin Patch


I remember when the children were little and we'd decorate the house for Halloween. It wasn't until we had grandchildren that we started making an annual trek to "the pumpkin patch." Now that both the children and grandchildren are older, we don't do much in the way of decorating, and we've not visited a pumpkin patch in years. To be totally honest, I MISS it -- the decorating and the pumpkins!

Sami, on the other hand, has a delightful little son who still thinks visiting a pumpkin patch is "da bomb"! So, in honor of pumpkin patches everywhere, she has titled her new release "The Pumpkin Patch." Here is a thumbnail of the new sketches:


Aren't they all just adorable?? I have used "Resting on my Pumpkin" for my DT card. After coloring my image with Copic markers, I have made a purple card base (yes, that is purple, but photographed more blue -- which is OK because orange and blue are complimentary colors - smile). I have taken two pieces of Halloween DP from the 6" x 6" pad called Haunted by MME, and have matted them with black matting. I have placed a black ribbon and bow on the bottom of the dotty paper. I also matted my image with the black. I've layered the two DPs and the image in the center of my base. I then cut two spider web corners (Cheery Lynn Design corner dies) and adhered them in opposite corners to finish off my front.

Stop by the Sami Stamps blog at  www.samistamp.blogspot.com  and have a look at all the FAB cards the DT have created with this super FAB release. I guarantee you will be delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment