Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's Tuesday Again?



Tuesday Morning Sketches #268

Thank you for joining us for another week of fun and a new sketch that will hopefully inspire you and get your creative juices flowing! I cannot believe that I truly forgot to post my blog on Tuesday when it is due. In fact, here it is Wednesday evening and if it hadn't been my seeing my image for this next week sitting here on my desk, I probably would not have remembered at all -- it is getting bad, ladies and gentlemen (smile)! Think I have too many irons in the fire right now.

This week's sponsor is our blog Mama, Melissa.  She will be giving the randomly drawn winner a $10 voucher to Simon Says Stamp.  I don't think they sponsor too much anymore, but hey, Melissa is kind enough to purchase a gift certificate from her own pocket for some lucky person to use.

Our sketch this week was created by Jessi.  Are you ready to play? Here is the sketch:


I have two tiny new kitty babies at my house, so it is only appropriate that I have used this cute little kitty image from Your Next Stamp for my card. I've colored the image with Copic markers and then cut it using a Spellbinder circle die. I've matted it with a scalloped circle cut with the Spellbinder scalloped circle die. The sentiment is a Studio G stamp, and after stamping it with Close to my Heart ink, I cut it out and matted it with another of the Spellbinder dies. The green metal dots in the upper left and lower right corners are by Heidi Grace. Both the stripe paper and the green matting paper came from my scrap bag. I am very much trying to use more of my scraps rather than cutting into new pieces of paper each time -- don't know why really as I have enough designer and solid paper to make cards and craft until my kids ship me off to the old folks home (and then I probably will take it with me and share - grin).


OK, you've twisted my arm, so I'll give in and show you my new kitty babies. Here they are:


The little black one is a female, and we've named her Fiona. The little gray one (who is about 1/3 smaller than his sis) we've named Percival (called Percy). They were orphans when I brought them home two weeks ago and so very tiny (they still are, but have now doubled their sizes). I'm having a grand time with them (although my 3 years old kitty, Annie, isn't overly happy with me).

So, if you haven't already visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog site, hop on over and have a look at the fab inspiration cards the DT have made for you this week. Then join the challenge for a change to win that $10 gift certificate!


3 comments:

  1. All the kitties - real and the card are simply adorable! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute, and what adorable inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These babies are just adorable, and I LOVE their names! Love the sweet card too, what a fun image :)

    ReplyDelete