Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It Is Tuesday - Not Monday


Rats and double rats! I plum forgot that today is Tuesday. That Monday Labor Day holiday (despite the fact that it didn't really effect the Hubs nor I since we don't work) threw me off completely. When I posted my card on the DT blog pre release, I reminded myself and suggested to myself that I go ahead and pre-schedule my blog. Do I listen, though? Nope, nope, nope, and now I'm late!

This week our sponsor is Digital Delights by Looby Lou.  If you aren't familiar with the cute Digital Delights images then you are in for a treat. There are all kinds of really fun images, both colored and line-drawn, for your paper crafting. The one I'm using is called Eddie Elf.

We know that many of you have been busy getting the kids ready to go back to school (the kids here in my area started back the first of August, but many still observe Labor Day as the official end of the summer holidays). However, you should now be able to sigh a sigh of relief and enjoy some crafting time. We are providing three different sketches for you to pick from this week. Use one or all and have some crafting fun. Here are the sketches:


If you go to the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog, you will discover the first three DT cards shown use one of the three different sketches above. Unknowing to the three of us, we each picked a different one of the sketches. How neat was that?

I started with a white card base, layered green card and then red dotty DP. I added a thin white satin ribbon across the red dotty paper. I cut out my image using a Spellbinder oval and matted that with a die cut with the Spellbinder scalloped oval. The snowflakes are cut using a Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch (the corner actually uses the negative space but the "scrap" snowflake was just the right size for my use). I added little clear rhinestones to the middle of the snowflakes. The sentiment is from a set of clear acrylic stamps that I have, but I'm afraid I cannot tell you the manufacturer as the packaging is gone.

I do hope you enjoy my card and that you will take a few minutes to visit the TMS blog to see what the other DT members have made for you this week. We'd love for you to join in the challenge, but even if you can't, do copy and save those fantastic sketches to use over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card Jenee, I love the fun bright colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Jenee!! This little elf is adorable and your coloring is wonderful!! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet! I love the elf and the paper is fabulous. But I'm a sucker for polka dots.

    ReplyDelete