Friday, September 12, 2014

Beautiful Ribbons


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so in order for you to have time to make cards for the beautiful women in your lives who have survived (or just as a reminder to those you love to get their yearly examinations), Sami has created a lovely release now. She has called this release Beautiful Ribbons, and here is a peek at the entire set:



You can find this release at Sami's blog or in the store.

I have used "For a Cause" as my image. It is a combination of coloring (with Copic markers) and paper piecing. I pieced the ribbon because the Copic pinks, in my opinion, are not the right color to match the BCA ribbon. After printing the ribbon and piecing it to my image, I did take neutral gray and created shadows. 

My die cut pieces are made with Spellbinder dies. The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The leaves and butterfly are both Martha Stewart punches, and the pink rhinestones are by Recollections.

As many of you know, I am a breast cancer survivor. I've shared some of my feeling in blog entries for/about breast cancer in previous years. I continue to encourage all women to do self examination and to have an annual mammogram. Early detection is important and DOES save lives. Do NOT take chances. The mammogram is not pleasent, but is less painful than the disease!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenee! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right - early detection is key! Congratulations to you on surviving that battle :)

    ReplyDelete