Friday, May 16, 2014

For the Love of Hats




Here is a look at all the fun new images in this release:



My Grandmother was born in 1899 and grew up during a time when women wore hats or bonnets. She was raised on a large farm, so most of her hats, until she was grown, were the simple bonnets. As an adult, though, she grew quite fond of hats, and was often teased that she would not leave the house, even to go to the out-house, without first donning her hat. While there are certain fashion trends which I am more than happy have disappeared, the wearing of hats is not one of them. Like my Grandmother, I love a beautiful hat (now admit it, have you not drooled over those lovely hats in Downton Abby?).

My Grandmother died in 1986, but Sami's new release brought back memories of a very special lady. 

Now, please take a few minutes to go to our blog and have a look at the beautiful samples the other DT members have created. Let us know what you think of the images and our cards by posting a little feedback in the comments. Thanks!



5 comments:

  1. Jenee, this is so beautiful! Love the way you arranged the flowers and the butterfly that matches her dress! Very pretty.
    Oh, I remember the hats too so much. My grandmother and mom were the same way - you just did not leave the house without a hat on.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful Jenee! I love the sweet colours and flowers! Love these images to...so graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother! Those sorts of family jokes are such a wonderful way to keep memories alive for those who may not have had a chance to know her :)
    Your card is elegant & gorgeous - I love that flower cluster & the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Jenee!! I love the flowers and flourishes!
    Sweet memory of your grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is so pretty! What a beautiful image and you have showcased it perfectly...love your color palette!

    ReplyDelete