Friday, March 21, 2014

New Easter Release


Sami at Sami Stamps has released a wonderful new set of image perfect for sweet Easter cards, and the DT have out done themselves with beautiful inspiration cards to share with you. 

For my card, I've colored this sweet little chick and egg with Copic markers after pinting it off on X-Press It brand card. I cut the image with a Spellbinder circle die. I then cut a second, slightly larger circle, from cream card as a mat and adhered both of them on top of the crochet scalloped circle. (You've seen me use those beautiful crochet mats before. They are hand made by a sweet friend of mine, Jessi Fogan, and if you are interested in buying some, you can find her blog HERE.)

The card base is brown card, and my DPs are a number of years old, so unfortunately the packaging is long gone so I can't tell you the manufacturer. I did not mat the background DP, letting the card itself act as a mat, but I then matted the blue, dotty cross piece with the same brown as the card. The flowers are by Petaloo; the lace is by Wright's; the two pearls are by Recollection, and the bow is made from ecru seam binding ribbon.

Here is a thumb nail view of the entire new set of images:


Sami is offering a special deal on "Egg Bunny" and "Four Spring Chicks," so you'll need to head over to the store to see what they are!

2 comments: