Friday, February 7, 2014

Love Struck

I have a new DT Project to show you all for the new Release at Sami Stamps - And this is also the start of a new challenge -

 


And Here is the new Release:


The challenge this month is to add glitter. We want some sparkle on your card (and since photos don't always show the sparkle, would you please tell us in your linked blog where you've added the glitter?). Here is my card


I used "On My Mind" (which, by the way, is one of the month's specially priced images). I printed the image onto X-Press It Card and colored with Copic markers. Now, here is an example of the glitter not always showing in the photos. I added glitter to the colored roses on the image and also to the paper roses on the bottom of the card (a generous amount). It looks vry pretty IRL!

My card base is red, and I cut two pieces using Spellbinder's Timeless Rectangle dies (S5-158). One in white and one in red. I then placed the second die over my image and traced around the inside of it for my image. The roses are by Recollections, and the leaves are punched using a Martha Stewart punch.

Please visit Sami's blog and have a look at the other DT samples of this adorable release. They are all, as usual, fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. This is very chic and I love the red colouring.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and a stunning card. I can see the glitter on the big roses - its lovely.

    What colors did you use for the hair? I love it :o)

    ReplyDelete