Friday, January 3, 2014

Sami's January Challenge

Happy new year to all of you. Are you ready to make it a crafty year? I have to admit that I'm having a little trouble restarting my crafting engine, but Sami's wonderful images were a good primer, and Sami has made the challenge simple to get you started, too.


It is ANYTHING Goes!!

First place will recieve a $ 12 Gift Certificate to Sami Stamps shop
Second place will recieve $ 8 Gift Certificate.

Remember you must use a Sami Stamps image to enter. You can find some freebies in here 

The whole design team have been using some of Sami's gorgeous winter stamps for this challenge and here's what I did with my project:



I've used My Snowman for my card and you can find it in Sami's store here.

I printed my image onto X-Press It brand card and colored it with Copic markers. I then cut the image into a circle using Spellbinder classic circle die. I used a white card base and placed a layer of blue and white dotty paper (from my stash) as the dots remind me of snow. I then cut a white layer using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die, and on top of that, I added another layer of white which I embossed using the snowflake background folder by Darcie. I cut the blue circle from card using the Spellbinders Splendid Circles die (a Christmas present from my BFF). I popped the image circle up using foam dots and added a double looped bow. The sentiment is one I typed/printed off from my computer, and I matted it with with the solid blue.

Sami is running a "special" on her winter images. All of them have been reduced to $3.00 or below, and she also has a sweet cup of hot cocoa for you in the freebie section, so please take a few minutes to visit the blog and the store and then join in this month's challenge. We'd love to see what you create.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Love the colouring and the bow is a nice touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this snowman image, so classy! Great card Jenee.

    ReplyDelete