Wednesday, August 21, 2013

For the Men


This week at Inky Impressions, we want to see cards for the men. Yes, our theme this week is MASCULINE CARDS. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a house full of males who keep insisting on having birthdays year after year. I struggle with trying to find images or make male oriented cards. Yes, you heard me, I said struggle. It is so much easier to make a cute little girl card or a pretty female card full of flowers or -- well, you know. I was thrilled to find a couple of Inky Impressions images featuring golf because I have several family members (hubby included) who like to walk the links and take swings at a tiny little white ball. 

This little guy, Golfing Brandon, is a digital stamp and can be found in the Inky store here. Isn't he cute in his old fashion checkered knickers? I've colored him with my Copic markers.  My card base is white with a layer of blue matted with navy card. The DPs are from My Mind's Eye "Playdate" 6 x 6" pad. I cut the Brandon image into a square and matted it with navy and red. The side strip is also from the same pad, matted with the navy. The pennant across the top is from the same pad. The pennants were printed across the page as part of another design, so I hand cut them and glued them to a piece of Baker's twine. I tied a bow at each end of the twine and glued the two ends across my card. Then I placed tiny foam dots under each of the pennants to give them a slight lift.

The red corner die (on the strip) is Joy Crafts 6002/0125. I printed the sentiment off from my computer and then cut it using a round punch (Creative Memories). I then cut the next size larger circle from red and mounted the sentiment circle to it. The three little yellow buttons at the bottom are from my stash.

We do hope that you can join us this week in our challenge at the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog. As always, you do not have to use an Inky Impressions stamp to play along (although we would, of course, love it if you did, and as a thank you, you will receive two entries into the prize drawings). We are very proud of the Inky Impressions rubber stamps and digital images, and I know you will find them all to be as charming or nice as I find them. Stop by the store and have a look.

Challenges:
CMC Copic Challenge - Anything Goes
The Kraftyhands Challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
A-Musing Studio - Birthday
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Cutie Pie - Anything Goes
Craft Desert Divas - Anything Goes

Crafty Sentiments - Make It Colorful

14 comments:

  1. Cute image! I love his pants!!
    The banner is great! Neat idea to cut it, but I just got a banner die so this is good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest card..i love the image and vintage look to it. The banner is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing masculine cards and I particularly love seeing ones that are as well composed and constructed as yours. Great paper choices and fabulous color integration. Every design element works perfectly. Beautiful presentation. Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely colourful card.I love the spotty bunting.Thank you for joining us in the Kraftyhands Challenge this month.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super. Love that banner. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fab Jenee !! Love the bright strong colours and such a fun image !! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    Good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and colourful card Jenee! Love the banners too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments for our Colourful Challenge - good luck! Hope you can join us next Tuesday for our next challenge, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colors and design.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous colourful card and lovely image! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! I love all the colors you selected to make this bright and cheery card!
    Thank ;you forjoining us for our CMC Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creation as always Jenee, love all the fun colors you have used! So happy to see you playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - super cute image!

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Blog Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Your coloring looks awesome.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete