Monday, July 22, 2013

Inky Impressions Bookmarks

Hi everyone, it's Jenée here with a little Inky inspiration for you. The following project is really fun to do, and a wonderful way to use us some of those scraps in your scrapbag! I'm going to share with you two corner bookmarks that I've made using Lili's Stuffed Bunny. First, let me show you what I've done and then we'll get down to some of the particulars.





Since I am a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel (not to mention it would be a very long post), I am going to direct you HERE for wonderfully clear and easy instructions for the basic bookmark shape. The instructions by Beate at the link I've provided are clear, concise and VERY easy to follow.

I stamped Lili onto X-Press It brand card and colored her with my Copic markers. I actually colored the entire image (all the way to her little feet) and did a really nice job of it (if I say so myself), so I ended up making two photo copies of my colored image onto white card using my computer's copier. This allowed me to keep the original (for a card, perhaps?), but have the image for the bookmarks (thus the reason my two images look exactly the same on both bookmarks).

The designer papers, as well as the cardstock that I've used, have all come from the scrap bin. I've also used two different Spellbinder shapes to cut out the images. I wanted to mat my images once cut, but the next size die in each of the Spellbinder nestabilities that I used were too large, so I simply traced around the same die that I used to cut the image and hand cut the mats. I've used two different Martha Stewart punches to create the borders at the bottom of each bookmark.

You really can make these as simple or as fancy as you'd like. The shape and style of the bookmarks lend themselves to quite a lot of flexibility when it comes to decorating them, and of course, any of the little Inky Impression stamps would look adorable. I hope I've inspired you to have a go at making a few of these yourself -- and if you do, I'd love to see what you do, so please drop me an email with a picture or a link (ctoddhouse@comcast.net).

Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenée, I love this kind of (corner) bookmarks because they are always nice gifts. Perfect combination of colors, image and papers!
    Blessings, Renata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bookmarks Jenee and just love this sweet little image.Gorgeous colouring and such a great way to use up scraps..I try, really I do..lol..but those 6x6 pads keep calling me and the basket full of papers grows...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable bookmark! I love these corner bookmarks, but I think this one would make me take time away from reading!

    ReplyDelete