Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last ADFD Image


This is my last A Day for Daisies image (for a little while, that is). I can't give them up entirely, but I will take a break from them (at least for a day or two). Actually, I have my next two Flutter By Wednesday images colored already, and neither of them are ADFD (gasp). I'm not going to tell you what they are (you'll just have to visit me for the next two Wednesdays to find out). 

This week at Flutter By Wednesday, we are providing a wonderful sketch for you to use. This sketch was created by our very own DT member, and it is so very versatile and pretty. I know you are going to enjoy using it. Here is Kathy's sketch:

FBW241

Lovely, right? I started with a white base (sorry for the poor cropping of my photo), and I layered solid green to it. I then used a beautiful DP from the "So Sophie" 6x6" pad by My Mind's Eye. Doesn't that paper match my image perfectly? I tend to do things backwards from most people, I color my images and then pick my papers. Sometimes that method sends me into a bit of panic mode searching for just the "right" papers, but most times it works (for me). This was one of those times, and I was so thrilled with how well the papers in the So Sophie pad matched! The strip across the middle is also from that pad.

Instead of a punched scallop (as the sketch might suggest), I used a scalloped ecru lace for a bit more elegant, vintage look. After cutting my image, I matted it on the same solid green as the background mat. I had meant to lightly ink the edges of my image with distressing ink to continue the vintage look, and didn't realize until I was about to add my flowers that I plumb forgot to do that! There is a light coating of Stickles glitter on her wings, though. You can ever so slightly see hints of sparkle if you look hard.

My three little flowers (yes, there are three there -- look closely as the deep burgundy one is slightly hard to see in my photo) were up-cycled by me using the technique I mentioned yesterday (scrunched and glued Prima paper flowers; tutorial found HERE). The leaves are punched using a McGill punch. The pearls finish off my card and are by Recollections.

I do hope you will give Kathy's sketch a try and then share your lovely creation with us at Flutter By Wednesday. Remember, as always, to add butterflies and/or fairies to your card.

Happy fluttering (and LOADS of creating)!

Challenges:
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Everybody-Art Challenge - Flowers
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
A Day for Daisies - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your wonderful image and your beautiful coloring. The vintage look is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Jenee, love the folds in her skirt, gorgeous colouring and love her wings with the sparkle..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenee, that is stunning! Wow, your dress colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! Such an amazing job on coloring the image!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is wonderful!!! Love those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and lovely card. I love your colouring and the backing papers too.

    Thanks for entering the Bearly Mine challenge this week.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this fairy and how you colored her! I will miss your ADFD images!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely! Thank you for joining us this week for the TTCRD challenge. Hope to see you again next week. ~DT Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous faerie, and your coloring is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers Challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do like that sketch!!

    Also wanted to say Congratulations and thank you for blog hopping with us last Sunday at Clearly iStamp. Pop on over and check out our new challenge and come play along with you can!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card and I really like the flowers you included

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you're not giving up ADFD for good, just for a few weeks...you've become so good at coloring them, I'm guessing it's like second nature to you.

    What wonderfully rich colors you used on this card, and the green wings are perfect! Another fab creation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! The coloring is beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us on the Wags 'n Whiskers Anything Goes Challenge!
    Yolanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! This one should be framed!!

    ReplyDelete