Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sketch That Birthday Challenge



This week, our Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge is a JUDGED CHALLENGE. This means there is a nice price for some lucky card crafter, and it may very well be YOU. Bugaboo is graciously sponsoring our challenge this week, and you know how cute those images are, so you'll definitely want to be adding some of their images to your collection.  However, you first must create a lovely card using the sketch below and then enter your card in our TMS challenge -- easy!


Sketch:

Well, you didn't think I was going to let you off quite that easy did you? Those of you who participate in our TMS challenges know that when there is a judged challenge, there is also a twist -- but don't panic, because this is also easy. Our twist: this time is to make a birthday card (for anyone, any age) using our lovely sketch.

I've used Bugaboo's Birthday Boy image -- isn't he cute -- which I've colored with my Copic markers. Despite not being overly fond of fussy cutting, I seem to be on that trend this week. I fussy cut the little guy with his huge birthday cupcake and adhered him using foam dots. My DP is from My Mind's Eye. The card base is white, layered with the banner paper and then complimented with two more DPs from the same pad. I printed the sentiment from my computer and cut it with a Spellbinder label die. I inked the edges of the sentiment piece (although you can't quite tell in the photo above) with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.

There you have it -- a cute card that would work for any guy regardless of age (although I'm not sure my three teen grandsons would really appreciate "cute" unless I tucked some pieces of green paper inside, and then they wouldn't care if the card was "cute" or not - smile). Anyway, do stop over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look at all the wonderful inspiration cards (and if you have the time and are so inclined, we'd love for you to visit the DT blogs. We always enjoy visits, and we especially enjoy it when you  leave us a little "love"). 

Happy Tuesday everyone. Go craft something and then share it with us!

9 comments:

  1. Jenee, this guy is so cute!!! I love the papers you used! Perfect birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute - and FUN!!! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenee, i love the sketch this way..and how you used the banner paper..PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card just shouts "Happy Birthday"! I LOVE IT!

    Hugs
    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee, this is fantastic! I love this guy, and such wonderful papers you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is adorable! And teen boys are the same the world over, lol :) Love that fun label shape for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those banners on your card. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very festive. I love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete