Friday, September 28, 2012

Vintage Feel

This week, at Card Crafter's Circle, our challenge is
 

VINTAGE!


So pull out the old stuff, the muted colours, the distressing inks, whatever, to create something with that vintage look/feel.

We also welcome back our sponsor Whoopsie Daisy... Linnie creates delightful sheets of hand-drawn images, with each sheet containing 4 images! And there are so many to choose from! Do visit her blog to see all her fabulous designs. Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of two sheets of digital images (that is 8 images).
 
For my card, I have combined one of Linnie's images with some "vintage" papers. I've paper pieced her little dress with some Keeping Memories Alive (KMA) paper that I've had for over a decade, and the background paper is from a Heritage package (Paper Pizazz) that I've owned for at least half a decade.
 
I printed my image off and colored everything except the dress using Copic markers. I paper pieced the dress with the KMA paper, but then went back in with my Copic markers and created the "folds" in the skirt. I then cut the image portion out using a LifeStyle Crafts round doily die. My card base is a light tan which I layered with the Paper Pizazz heritage paper. I lightly inked around the doily with Ranger dusty concord distressing ink. Lastly, I added the roses by Wild Orchid Crafts. The roses and rose buds matched the roses in the paper exactly.
 
That's all there is to this little card. Not a lot of work (except for the paper piecing and coloring), but I think it turned out rather lovely. I did not add a sentiment at this time, but this card would be nice for a young girl's birthday, a wedding shower or as just a "thinking of you" card.
 
Please take a minute to pop over to Card Crafter's Circle to have a look at what the rest of the DT members have done this week. Lots of lovely vintageness there for your inspiration.

Challenges:
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ - Challenge 47

5 comments:

  1. You know how much I always enjoy your cards, Jenee, and this one is certainly not an exception....it's delightful! I'm so envious of how you added the folds to her pretty paper-pieced dress....a true artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just the sweetest image! Beautiful layout as well and great job in adding more depth into her skirt!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee' - This card is precious, and just oh so sweet. I love all the purple flowers you've used to accent this darling vintage image. I also entered this vintage challenge at Card Crafters' Circle this week. I just love all things vintage, and enjoyed the theme! I would REALLY LOVE to have you also share this lovely card in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you will link it up with us. Your participation is always so greatly appreciated! I hope you will stop by to join us, and HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!
    Hugs,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great image - just perfect for vintage themed cards! Her paper pieced dress looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image Jenee you made a gorgeous vintage card with it. Thank you for leaving lovely messages on my blog and following me. I'm now following you
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete