Friday, August 3, 2012

Shape Up

This week the DT members at Card Crafter's Circle were asked to make a shape card -- something other than the usual square or rectangle. Unlike a constructed card (previous challenge), these cards could be circles, tea pots, stars, or even cars. My DT teamies did an exceptional job of using their imaginations and rising to this challenge. You will want to run over and have a look. You won't be disappointed.

Once again, we are fortunate to have two fantastic sponsors... this means two prizes for random winners!


Our first sponsor is MelJen's Designs, who continues to delight us with magical images! Our MelJen's prize is 4 uncoloured images.  Our second sponsorship is Kathryne of
Stamp Art Designs by Kathryne!  The prize from Kathryne is also 4 lovely images of your choice.


So, here is my sample card for this week:



Using my Cricut cutter, I cut the ornament card using the Wild Card cartridge. The cut card was the ornament shape on front but a square back, so I traced around the ornament front onto the back "flap" and hand cut it so that my entire card base was the same shape. I then cut a piece of Christmas DP and adhered it to the front. I also cut a piece of gold DP for the ornament "cap." (Note: the red paper behind the card is not part of the card. I used it simply as background for my photo so you could see the card shape better.)

I printed off my Meljen's Mouse and Ornament image and coloured it up with Copic markers. I added just a light touch of Stickles (not showing well in photo) to the fur areas on little mouse's Santa cap.  Using a Spellbinder circle die, I cut out the image. I then took the next size circle die and cut the mat from green DP. After adhering the circles to the center front of my card, I used some K&Company dimensional chipboard holly leaves as simple embellishments.

I think this little image is so cute that I've already coloured up several more to use on this year's holiday cards. I hope you like him, too.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! That is a sweet image!!
    I like how you angled the pattern of the paper! I would tend to be a straight up or down person but this looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie is right....the angling of the paper makes such a difference to how this came out....don't really know why, but it certainly adds to the overall "fun" element of this charming creation. I think your colouring is spot on, too...and love the way you capped the shape with the gold...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous and totally cute!

    love the image and your colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenee,
    This is such a cute image and I'm very impressed how you came up with this idea!!! Me thinks I will be pinching that idea in the future!!!It's totally cute!!!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete