Sunday, May 20, 2012

With a Little Sparkle

I am mega behind in getting my DT card for the Card Crafter's Circle challenge blog posted. Fortunately, the card is posted at the CCC blog on time. It is just my personal blog that is missing the card and explanation of what I did. I also am going to be playing a bit of a guessing game because I didn't write everything down as I was making the card and, alas, more than a day has passed (which means I can't remember, eh?). Anyway ---

Our challenge theme for you this week is:

SPARKLE, SPARKLE

We challenge you to create a card that sparkles.... glitter, shimmer, bling... make it shine!
We are excited to share with you our sponsor Whoopsie Daisy! Linnie creates delightful sheets of images, and each sheet contains 4 images! There is a wide variety from which to  choose.  Do visit her store. She has great prices. Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of two sheets of digital images (that means 8 different images).
 
The Design Team have created some beautiful creations to share with you this week, and one of our very talented teamies has even created a tutorial on how she made her gorgeous glitter background. It is a fun technique, so go have a look.
 
My little image is called Angel with Candle (appropriate, right? - grin). I coloured her up with my Copic markers and then added bits and bling to make her shine. Her halo is colored first with a dark yellow Copic and then with a layer of "Clear Star" Gelly Roll pen by Sakura. Her wings and the "fire" of her candle were colored in using Stickles. After the Stickles dried, I glued small blue rhinestones around the "flame" to similate the glow of the fire.
 
I started with a white card and layered a piece of blue solid card on top (sorry, I don't know the manufacture of the solid card). The patterned papers, however, are from an 8"X8" pad by DCWC called "The Linen Closet." The striped piece actually has glitter in some of the stripes and sheen in some of the other stripes, giving double sparkle/shine. The patterned papers were all matted with white, and the little image (which I cut out with my circle Spellbinder die) is matted (cut with the scalloped circle Spellbinder die) using the same card as the first layer.
 
I used ecru ribbon that is a combination satin and sheer, and I finished off by adding the clear rhinestones in the upper and lower corners, and the sentiment "Let Your Light Shine".

You have until Thursday evening (US time) to create your own sparkle and shine creation and enter it into this week's challenge. I hope you will, as I would so enjoy seeing how you create your sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment