Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dance As If No One Is Watching

I made this simple but cute little card for Dutch Paper Crafts. Those itty-bitty roses (about the size of a dime) were actually made with my own two hands and a little Joy Crafts die (Joy Craft Small Roses, 6003/0009). The die comes with three rose pieces and the leaves. Two of the die pieces have a slit along one side, and you twist the piece inside of itself at the slit to form the petals. I used white, light weight card for the petals and inked them to match my ribbon. I also cut some extra petals and used them for three of the five roses I made so they would be fuller. Aren't they darling?


My card is white with a strip of green patterned paper and a strip of matching solid green (both from the same paper pad -- my bad, didn't write down the manufacturer). The dotty ribbon is some I got out of the dollar bin at Target a number of years ago. My little image is by Lili of the Valley (just LUV those little images), and the pearls are some that I had left over.

I typed "Dance" on my computer and printed it off. On the inside, I have used a saying that I particularly like (which I also typed and printed from my computer). In fact, my granddaughter gave me a plaque for Christmas (or maybe it was my birthday) -- anyhoo, the saying is on the plaque and it hangs in my craft room. It goes:

Work as if you don't need the money
Love as if you've never been hurt
Dance as if no one is watching

Now I think that pretty much sums up a pretty good life, don't you? You notice it doesn't say anything about singing, right? That's probably a good thing in my case since I can't carry a tune in a hand-bag and am usually asked by my family to stop singing (LOL)! Of course, if no one is around then I'm likely to sing at the top of my lungs -- but then that would be a different saying and a different card, so we'll just stick to the dancing and leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! Love your image and those roses are incredible! Love how you matched them with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i truly love this card and want to make one like it!

    ReplyDelete