Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket, Here's Another Basket

When I first saw this little Marianne Craftable die (CR1209), I thought, "What in the world can I do with this?" It is a small die (only about 2" from handle to bottom and only about 2 1/4" wide). However, when I got started making this card, the little die turned out to be one of my favorites of the Marianne Craftables basket dies. The size makes it a perfect addition to a little tag (I used Marianne LR0154), and I already owned a tiny hand held flower punch that proved to be just perfect (although the die does contain "flat"  flowers and folage inside the basket, I like a 3-D effect more).

For this card, I started with a pink card base. I then placed a layer of designer paper on top. I topped the DP with a layer of solid pink card which I matted with the same card as the base card. I then cut the lacy background using my Cricut and the Paper Lace cartridge. Before placing the paper lace layer, I added pink satin ribbon but placed the bow atop the lace panel. Lastly, I added a butterfly that I cut using Marianne Creatable die LR0153, and the birthday sentiment which I matted with both the pink colours. I cut the basket out twice -- once from green card and once from brown. I cut the handle and basket from the brown and adhered it over the green cut. This allowed the green folage to show through. I then punched the tiny flowers using my hand punch. I took my ball flower tool and pressed into the center of each little flower so that it would cup. To the center of the flowers, I added tiny pearls.

I have enjoyed using the Marianne basket dies. There are four different styles in the set (you can get them from Dutch Paper Crafts), and each one makes lovely and versatile shapes. This was a fun assignment to do.

1 comment:

  1. Your basket of 3d flowers is so beautiful! Love how you added your bow and the dies are so incredible!

    ReplyDelete