Monday, March 19, 2012

Pretty in Pink (and Green)

I have not been in a creative mood lately. The weather has been so beautiful (and warm) that I've just wanted to spend the time outside (despite the bazillion pollen count). We had a really mild winter, so the warmer temps shouldn't be such a treat. However, add in the lengthening daylight, and the body/mind is thinking spring and outside. This would be all fine and good EXCEPT that I have some DT projects that need to be done! Can't exactly take them outside which is a total bummer!

So, knowing the DT assignments are hanging heavily over my head, what do I do instead? Yuppers, the little card above. This charming Saturated Canary image was already coloured up and was calling my name. Afterall, if I'm going to try to entice my Muses back to a work schedule, shouldn't I do it slowly (grin).

For this little card, I started with pink Bazzill card as my base. I rounded the two right side corners and then added the green stripe paper on top. I also rounded the edges. I then cut a square of cream paper that has green circles and pink butterflies, which I matted with the same pink as the card base. The green stripy paper and the other DP are both by Close to My Heart. I've had it for a number of years, so it isn't available any longer.

I printed my digital image onto Xpress-It card and coloured it with my Copic markers. I then cut it down and matted it on green card. I cut a strip of white and punched it using a Fiskar's border punch. I then topped that with that pretty pink and white dotty ribbon. Lastly, I added three green gems to the upper left. Easy peasy, but I really like the effect. Those Saturated Canary images with their big eyes and long, flowing hair are stunners, eh? I have several others all coloured up and waiting to be put on a card or project - AFTER I complete my DT projects, though (sigh).

Maybe my independent, wayward Muses will quickly learn that they can play all they want once their chores are finished -- humph, my children had a hard time with that concept, and these Muses can be just as stubborn!

I'm going to enter this little Lass in the following challenges:

http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/ - Use some green
http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.com/ - Chicks Rule
http://thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes
http://sweetnsassydigis.blogspot.com/ - Use a Digi Image, Green
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ - Girly

12 comments:

  1. Love how you colored your image, especially the hair. I can totally relate on wanting to be outdoors! I've been in a much better creative mood now that it stays lighter later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Saturated Canary images are becoming all the rage and for good reason! They are such a joy to colour! You've done a fabulous job here. Thanks for joining the Chicks Rule challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and beautiful card, love the colouring. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's just sensational! I can see why this distracted you from "manditory labour". It's always fun to do something just because to get the ideas rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee, I giggled when I read this....I, too, had DT chores on my mind, but managed to push 'em waaaaaay back there...haaa! Needed to stroke some fabric today, instead ;)
    I really like the way your gorgeous girlie is coloured up...beautiful!....and the pink and green look so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. The pink and green are perfect for each other. The image is colored perfectly. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, and hope to see you back next wek.
    Hugz,
    Christine DT at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image matching with sweet colors, Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour. Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute image, colored so beautifully too! Thanks for joining the SNSDC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too sweet, beautiful coloring. Thanks for playing with us at SNSDC last week, hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a cute card... The girl in the card is so cute !

    Membership Cards
    Plastic Card Printing
    Scratch Card

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet girly card! I love the way you've coloured the image.
    Thanks for taking part of our girly challenge at the Southern girls - hope to see you again!
    Hugs Siv ~ Norway

    ReplyDelete