Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentines Love Hearts

VALENTINES LOVE HEARTS!

I copied the below header and description of this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle straight from our blog. Our DT coordinator and leader did such a nice job that I thought I'd just use her words in toto. They say it all. Thanks, Pauline.

Double entendre is intended here... with the above phrase! Valentines love hearts, no mistake. But if you don't want to make a VALENTINE, create a card celebrating LOVE, or use HEARTS in your creation! Simple!
We are excited to have a fabulous returning sponsor, DEARIE DOLLS! At Dearie Dolls, you will find both coloured and uncoloured images, and they are delightful for every occasion! Do visit the store, and spoil yourself with something sweet (no calories, I promise)! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive 3digital images of their choice... what a great prize!
Now for a description of what I did for my little DT project. The image I used is called "Shy Valentine." It is such a sweet little image. I printed it off on Cryogen paper and coloured it with Copic markers.
My card base is "hot" pink card layered with a panel full of Valentine/love appropriate words. The DP came from a little 6" x 6" We R Memory Makers pad that was a gift from a girlfriend (and boy have I used that pad over and over).  On top of the word sheet, I placed a strip of coordinating dotty paper  (another paper from the pad) which I matted with a piece of blue card that matches the blue color on the word sheet. Atop all that, I placed a beautiful die which I cut from the same "hot" pink using a beautiful doily die by Cheery Lynn called Sophia's Heart (DL184) which can be purchased at Dutch Paper Crafts (link in my side-bar). The little "Love" sentiment is computer generated. I finished this little card off with blue satin ribbon, and I went a little outside the box (for me) and sewed a pink heart button (I'm not a button gal and seldom use them) to the middle of the bow.
This was a simple and easy card, but I thought that little image was just too, too cute so I didn't want to do too much to distract from it.
Take a few minutes, if you can, and hop over to the Card Crafter's Circle blog to see the lovely Valentine/love cards that the other DTs created. You will definitely like what you see. Remember, Valentine's Day is coming soon, so get into your craft space and make something special for that someone special!



I plan to enter this card in the following challenges:
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/challenge-107-love-is-in-air.html - Love is in the Air
http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/it-must-be-love.html - Love
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/more-love-here-at-paper-shelter.html - Be My Valentine

6 comments:

  1. Jenee...you did it again! Lovely colours, cute image (you chose well), and I LOVE how the blue bow pulls it all together....and I'm very envious of all your gorgeous dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exquisite! She is so sweet and that delicate die is perfect to compliment her! I to must say that the blue bow is a fabulous choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee...adorable card, darlin'! I saw your "hi" on the 7 Kids Blog. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, girlfriend! $100.00! YIKES! I could do some serious damage with that! I bet you could too! hehehe! Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, Jenee. Lovely colours and that background paper is great. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card!! That image does take center stage but all your papers, colors, and details are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetimage and fun DSP! Thanks for joining us for the Paper Shelter Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete