Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Last Valentine


One last Valentine card to share with you all. The first image above is the outside of the card, and the second image is the inside. This beautiful little card was made using the same die that I used for the card I shared in my previous post. It is called Sophia's Heart (DL184) by Cheery Lynn, and as you can see, it is quite versatile. (You can purchase the die from Dutch Paper Crafts, the link in my sidebar. Just email Darlene, and she'll be glad to fix you up with one.) The die is 5 1/4" x 5" (133mm x 127mm) in size. I decided to cut the center section out of the die and use it on the front of my card, then use the outer section that I cut off for the inside of my card.

I cut a 6" x 6" card base from white Bazzill card. I then layered a piece of pink card atop the white. On top of the pink, I placed a layer of black that I cut using the largest die from Nesting Lace Squares by QuicKutz. On top of that, I layered the next size down from the lace squares dies cut in white. (Yes, lots of layers, but I wanted to use all the colours.)  I then centered the middle of the Cheery Lynn die which I cut from pink in the center of the white die. I ran a piece of pink dotty grosgrain ribbon behind the black layer and tied a double loop bow to the side.

For the inside, I simply adhered a piece of black to the card base, leaving a white border all the way around. I adhered the pink outer portion of the Cheery Lynn die to the center of the black. I then stamped my sentiment using a stamp by Rubber Stampede (A2104E) and VersaColor ink. I cut the sentiment using my circle Spellbinder die, and I inked around the circle with the same ink that I used to stamp the sentiment.

This card is elegant in its simplicity and much prettier than the photos show. My little granddaughter, Claire, was quite excited about this card because she helped me make it. She's my little crafting buddy and enjoys cutting the dies and doing the stamping. She has already developed quite a good eye for design and colour. I hope she continues her love for crafts because I need someone to leave my room full of crafting toys (er, I mean tools) to when I no longer can hold scissors or paper in my feeble old hands (not any time soon, though -- grin).

2 comments:

  1. Jenee, I just love the creativity that you have with these dies! Their very elegant and I know that whomever receives this will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenee,
    My compliments for your very beautiful cards!! I realy love them!!!
    Love, Petra. xxx

    ReplyDelete