Monday, July 11, 2011

Missing You





This is another of Mo Manning's adorable little children. When I saw it, I fell in love with it, but wasn't quite sure what to do with it -- kind of like a real toddler whom you love dearly but aren't quite sure what to do with when they are having one of their little temper tantrums. As I colored her, though, it finally came to me that she'd be a cute image for a "missing you" card -- you know those feelings of part angry and part sad because you are apart from someone you care about. In this more mobile society to which we belong, saying good-bye to family and friends is much more common than it was in the days prior to the 1960's. People grew up, bought homes, went to work and stayed put -- well at least a good portion of them did.
In my early years, my Dad was military. We moved several times while I was growing up. Then he retired when I started high school, and we stayed put. I graduated high school and then college and got married. The first house my husband and I bought and moved into was only one block away from the house my parents had bought. I even waited until my husband had served a tour in the military and was discharged before marrying him. I planned on having roots and staying put -- HA! As the Hubs moved up the corporate ladder, we started moving -- thankfully not as much as my parents had, but none-the-less, enough to leave family and good friends behind. My own three children live in three different states.
So, like Mo's little girl above, I sometimes feel like throwing my own temper tantrum because I miss those who have been part of my life. I miss those close girlfriends with whom I've shared the frustrations and the joys of our lives. I miss those children whom I raised, but had to leave the nest. I miss those grandchildren who are growing up without me. I really don't like change, though I know and understand it is a necessary and an intregal part of life.

Excuse me for now -- I think I'm going to go pitch a temper tantrum (or as we Southerners say, have a tizzy fit) for all the people in my life that I miss!

Challenges entered:

http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Hee hee, i have this stamp isn't she just adorable? Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I love Mo's adorable images and you have created a gorgeous card with this one.

    I can relate to your stories of moving around and leaving loved ones behind, it is so true.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Remember to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week you need to leave a comment for another entrant. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for popping by my blog to leave a comment. Your card is absolutely stunning and I just love your colouring. Wow! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is of Mo's is gorgeous, and you have made a beautiful card...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee....sorry...I don't know how to put that ickle thingy above the first "e" in your pretty name...I see it on the keyboard, but can't make it do what it should...ggrrr!
    Anyhoo...wanted to say a warm Thank You for the lovely comment you were sweet enough to leave on my blog.....I just came over for a look-see at yours, and am thrilled I found ya! Your creations are just beautiful!
    I'm now stalkin' ya...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Anything Goes” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete