Saturday, July 16, 2011

Angels Among Us


The darling little image that I used on these two cards is by Bildmalarna. I bought the image at www.7kidscollegefund.com as a birthday present for a stamping friend of mine. She immediately mounted it, and before I left, I stamped off a couple of images for myself.

I truly believe that angels are among us. I think they come in all shapes and sizes, and we usually know them by the term "friend." They are those people in our lives who know exactly what we need (often before we do) and are willing to provide it. They are the people who stand beside us and help us weather storms or share joys. They ask nothing in return. We aren't necessarily aware of their angelic act, but they touch us. I have always been touched by the song Alabama recoreded that says, "I believe there are angels among us, send down from somewhere up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hour, to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, to guide us with the light of love." I do believe in angels -- and yes, I even believe that God provides each of us with unseen guardian angels who protect us in so many unknown ways. I experienced angles, both human and spiritual, when my younger daughter, now all grown up, was three years old. She was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor, a childhood cancer, and during the 18 months she underwent surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, our lives were touched numerous times by angels of both forms.

Yes, I believe in angels, and I think that Bilmalarna captured the purity, sweetness and beauty of angels with this simple little image. I have also tried to capture that with the cards I made. I hope you like them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are soooo gorgeous....you chose exactly the right colours to bring them to life...just beautiful!
    I, too, believe in both kinds of angels....with or without wings!

    ReplyDelete